We are Cristina González, Miko Sobreira and Olivia Yung—artists and teachers who believe in the transformative power of movement. United by curiosity, we value self-inquiry as a means of understanding the personal and societal factors that impact our lives. We teach yoga and salsa dura. At our main space, STUDIO DANZoN, we collaborate with emerging and established artists who share our vision, to host visual and performance art events.
- About a month ago, I was injured. As a yoga nerd and a teacher, […]Read More »
- Since my arrival in Toronto back in 1994, I have had the opportunity to […]Read More »
- The building that houses SHINE has a rich performance art history. In the very early […]Read More »
- In recent months, opportunities–in the guise of setbacks–have pushed me closer to the realisation […]Read More »
- Sometimes, paths cross and nothing happens. Other times, paths cross and magic happens. We […]Read More »